DJI Ronin – Possible Game Changer?
The DJI Ronin Handheld Gimbal System has been developed for the cinematographer with pro-grade build quality keeping up with the demands of everyday use and aerial film making in professional environments. Just hold it in your hands and you’ll achieve smooth and stable footage with the highest levels of precision.
– The system is much heavier than the Freefly Movi and more awkward to hold. With this added weight you will need a easy rig to be able last a full days shoot.
– There have been no released tests of the system to show it can stand up against the Freefly Movi which is concerning when they have started with the pre sale.
– DJI is known for being difficult when it comes to much needed support that comes with working on set and trouble shooting. A service that Freefly has been very good at with almost 24hr response times and forums for Movi owners to help each other.
– The price tag! A much more competitive price and with software being able to work on both windows and iOS systems.
– Auto Calibrate. An option that can increase your set up time.
– The DJI Ronin can take a higher weight load that the Free Fly and has 3 easy set ups.
If the DJI Ronin does all that they are saying it does then this will be the Freefly Movi’s closest competitor with a much healthier looking price tag.
With pre orders looking to roll out end of August only time will tell.
We will be keeping a close eye on the system and will be bringing one in for some testing in the next few months keep an eye on our blog for some free tutorial days!
For more info download the manual here